- Submitted work does not have to respond to the Issue Theme or Prompt. We give a slight preference to responses but all work will be considered.
- You may respond to either the Theme or the Prompt, or both (or neither).
- Responses should not be literal. Submitted works do not need to explicitly mention the Theme or Prompt.
- You don’t have to tell us you’re responding but you may. (We can usually tell.)
- If responding, use the Theme or Prompt as a gentle suggestion for the mood, style, or content of your work.
- Do the Theme or Prompt evoke anything in you? If so, try to submit work that may have similar associations or inferences.
- Prompts exist to inspire and to evoke something. If a Prompt doesn’t inspire you, ignore it.
he/him – Editor of Exist Otherwise. Poet and photographer. Survivor of CPTSD from childhood emotional and sexual abuse. cc bovarisme is a pseudonym and my avatar is a self-portrait of the gender non-conforming French artist, Claude Cahun. If you want to know more about me you may use the submission form or send email to existotherwise at gmail dot com.